Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

ULTA Haul: Just a Few Little Goodies to Brighten My Day! (Pictures Below)

Photo is mine (above)
So I finally got out among the living today and went over to ULTA to see what's good. I have been eyeing a couple of things for months now so I ended up finally buying them. First, the Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush in "Exposed", a beyond gorgeous shimmering peach-pink that makes NARS Orgasm look like compressed dirt. Don't get me wrong, I like NARS Orgasm but Exposed takes it to another level and is the perfect summer blush. If you haven't tried the Lorac Matte Satin blush, you need to. They are so incredibly pigmented and you need the slightest bit to give you amazing color. The best part is they are kind of like a highlight/blush all in one because the color has such a gorgeous sheen that you could totally forgo the highlighter. I am so pleased with this blush. I also have the Velvet Rope shade which is a pretty rose color with all the same great qualities as Exposed. 

Photos taken by me, Lorac blush in Exposed, swatched below next to the Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner

Next, I see that Bare Escentuals has taken this whole "ready" concept to another level with their latest release of a gorgeous array of pressed powder blushes and a couple of bronzers thrown in for good measure. We are talking A-List style colors, absolutely stunning! But I kept my eye on the prize and the prize was the Bare Escentuals Ready quad in The Dream Sequence which includes a matte purple, an iridescent purple, a taupey-lavender, and  matte ivory. I have already mentioned a few times that I live and die by the BE The Truth quad so I thought, let's give it another go!

Photo taken by me, Bare Escentuals Ready quad Dream Sequence, swatched below

Third item is the Prestige Total Intensity Waterproof eyeliner (swatched above in the Lorac blush picture) in the plum shade that I can't remember the name of but am too lazy to get up and find out. Prestige claims 10 hours of wear with this liner and they have yet to disappoint me in the eyeliner department. I have a real problem paying over $20 for an eyeliner when there are perfectly amazing eyeliners like this one for under $6. Plus they didn't were all out of the Stila Smudgestick in Stingray which is the real reason for why I opted for a cheaper alternative. But I felt good doing it. 

Finally, I picked up one of my staple items which is a pack of the Ardell individual false lashes. I love individuals, they looks so much more natural even though they take a lot of time to put on. And they are $2 less than the Eyelure individual lashes. 

While I was there I smelled the Katy Perry Meow Perfume. If you like Pink Sugar, you will like this. And you get a bottle that is the shape of a cat's body with a cap that is the cat's head. And its pink.

1 comment:

  1. I've just ordered Exposed from the U.S. as you can't get Lorac here in UK :( so glad I did after seeing these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete