Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

February Favorites! Most Used/Loved Products of the Month!

I don't do monthly favorites unless there is a variation from one month to the next. It would be boring to read my favorites if they didn't really change from month to month, right? But February is special because I used a lot of new stuff! Here's a list of what I reached for most in the month of February broken into categories.(Pictures below!)

Face Stuff:
Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion: This a sulfur-based acne fighting product that you put on your face at night either all over or as a spot treatment. If you find that the benzoyl-peroxide acne products don't work for you, try something sulfur-based because I find that I do better with these. I apply this to a zit(s) before bed and it really helps to dry them up and speed up the "get the hell off my face" process.My skin is dry so I don't use this all over. 

Estee Lauder Doublewear Light, Intensity 1& a dash of Intensity 2: You know I love my original EL Doublewear but I do find that it clogs my pores even though it doesn't give me full-on zits. It is oil-free but not pore-clogging free. So I tried the "light" and I really like it because it has the same staying power as the original but it is much lighter and allows my skin a little more breathing room. A big complaint is the shade range. I love the original EL because of the shade range they offer of cool, neutral, and warm, but the "light" version only has Intensity 1, 2, 3 and so on. If you are cool or neutral toned but not fair, you will have trouble finding a shade because 1 is fairly pink and 2 is really yellow-based. Other than that, I have no complaints. 

Smashbox Hydrating Halo Powder: This stuff is a-m-a-z-i-n-g but breaks me out like a teenager going through puberty. So why is it a favorite? Because I can use it on my cheeks and forehead and in the highlight area of my cheekbones and it won't break me out. I will use this stuff wherever I can because it gives such a beautiful glow and helps to de-cake your face if it looks too foundation-y and dry. Love.Love.Love.

MAC Stereo Rose MSF: This is a limited edition MAC product that I use as a blush/highlight. It has a beautiful sheen to it that is enough to not have to use a cheekbone highlight if you're wearing this. I absolutely love this MSF for the sheen it provides and the natural lovely pinkish/rose color that is incredibly pigmented.

Sigma F80 Flat-Top Kabuki Brush: This is one of those must-have brushes that can change the way you apply your foundation. A lot of people from YouTube talk about this brush which is how I found out about it. This is an amazingly dense brush that works really well to stipple your liquid foundation on and then buff in. It could also be used to buff in mineral powder foundation or blend any blush or bronzer lines away. And its synthentic, holla! And doesn't shed If you want to check out Sigma, click on the ad over there in the right sidebar -------------------------------------------------------------->

Sigma F55 Small Duo-Fiber Brush: Another winner from Sigma, this is the smaller of their duo-fiber brushes. Its the perfect size and shape to apply highlighter when you want to be careful not to apply too much. I also use it to apply blush and bronzer because it will apply it in a sheer layer and allow you to build up the color if you want to add more. I would recommend this brush for your powder products (blushes,bronzers,highlighters) or to set your concealer under your eyes with a light dusting of powder.

Eye Stuff:
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey: I love this shade of brown, its my favorite shade of brown eyeliner in that its just a flat, matte brown with a hint of a reddish-undertone. Whisky made its debut in the original Naked Palette as part of a dual ended liner w/ the Zero (black) liner. I have since used it all the way down to the last bit that can be sharpened. 

Anastasia Brow Duality Matte & Shimmer Highlighting Pencil: I love the matte side of this pencil especially to highlight the brow bone. Its the perfect matte pale pink which you can apply from the pencil and then blend in with your fingers. And if you aren't feeling matte, there is a shimmer side that does the same thing but with a little extra glam. The dual-ended pencil concept is a great idea that I'd like to see more of. 

Bare Escentuals Ready Eyeshadow Quad in The Truth: My #1 go-to palette that I pretty much wear every single day. My favorite shades are the darkest brown ones which are the perfect shades of brown to make blue eyes stand out. I find that these shades have tremendous staying power if you layer them and blend them really well while of course using a good primer. I am super impressed by the BE pressed eyeshadows because they are super pigmented and supposedly contain anti-aging ingredients. I don't know if that is true or not but I'd rather be lied to and go on believing they do.

Kat Von D Sin-Ful Mascara: I did a separate post about this yesterday so scroll down and check it out. This is a good volumizing and lengthening mascara that is easy to build and build to achieve the desired look.

Revlon Colorstay Cream Eyeliner (black): I was super excited to try this because I love cream eyeliners BUT I don't love them if they don't stay put. I have found that when Revlon says "Colorstay", they mean it and so I trusted it would do what it claimed. First, I really like the consistency and the pigmentation. It comes with a brush that is fairly thick so if you want to get a thin line then use a different brush and problem solved. I like the staying power and consistency better than MAC Fluidline. And I like the convenient packaging of having a brush and the cream liner in the same packaging mechanism. 

Trish McEvoy Correct & Brighten; This stuff was way more expensive than it should be but I really like it. I have found that I don't really have dark circles or darkness under the eyes and so a normal concealer isn't really necessary unless I've had a really bad night. This is why I prefer to use an illuminator to brighten under the eyes but without the thickness of a concealer. The Trish Correct & Brighten is similar to YSL Touche Eclat in the purpose and consistency. Also good for highlighting other areas of the face.

Lip Stuff:
Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee: This product has seemed to make its way into my lip routine at least once per day whether its an "in-car" touch up or a base before applying another shade. I love the consistency of this one in that it is smooth and creamy and leaves my lips hydrated. Some of the Lip Butters have a grittier texture (like Peach Parfait) that I don't enjoy as well. If you love nudes, you will love Creme Brulee! 

MAC Myth Lipstick: Myth is a favorite of mine every single month because I wear it every single day either underneath or over top of another shade. I would never be without my Myth.

Estee Lauder Doublewear Light, Smashbox Halo, Sigma F55 & F80

MAC Stereo Rose MSF, Bare Escentuals quad The Truth, Kat Von D Sin-ful Mascara, Revlon Colorstay Cream Eyeliner, Urban Decay 24/7 Dual Liner Whiskey/Zero

Same as above but with the Anastasia highlight pencil & Trish McEvoy Correct & Brighten

Revlon Lip Butter Creme Brulee & MAC Myth lipstick

1 comment:

  1. Thankss for sharing.
    MAC Myth , MAC Stereo Rose and SIgma F80 are mine favourites aswell

    ReplyDelete